Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Jan 9th Visitation 'The hill country of Judah'

In thought and prayer I have travelled this road before,
and beckoned others to thatplace of warm embrace.
Yes I have walked this roadbefore, but not as today.
Today I feel, I see,  but in an unexpected way.
I picture your walk in the warm glare of the sun,
but today is cold, dark, dank and cloudy.
I looked forward like you to t'the hill country of Judah'.
The climb is steeper than I had imagined.
Stories of displacement and replacement.
'Sisters' both old and new, conduits of connection.
The arid stream a gushing torrent.
Disappointment is baptised and opened to fresh understanding.
Around the corner, the vision of exotic Ethiopian procession,
As with kinsman, I am invited to the chariot of fresh intepretation.
At Mary's well that fresh embrace of youth,
echo's your warm embrace, but quickly vanishes.
Ascending now in  body mind and soul,
I reach that place of 'Blessed Benediction'.

Then the parting call of John to desert place within.
It's who I am; a pointer, an enabler, not a Savior.