Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Linking with those away from home.

Far Away From Home

 by Conny Kaufmann (2003)

 



Have you been away from home?

I mean really far away.

Not just to your friend next door,

And not just for a day!

 


Another country, another world,
And all that for a year
You think it’s easy? Trust me – it’s not!
I know, ‘cause I am here.

 



Leave everything behind you like
Your friends and family
It’s hard to say goodbye to them
When you go overseas.

 


Twenty-thousand kilometres,
Could be more or less
You’ll miss your friends but you’ll find new ones
Just give it a chance!

 


Enjoy your time, live your dream
Your experience will last
You’ll see that this time goes by
Probably too fast.


Your friends will also miss you lots
You can see who really cares
Nobody will like you less
Just because your are not there.

 

All of them think I am brave,
For a year – just gone.
I’m not, I’m just a young girl
Far away from home!